We offer a large selection of summer flowering bulbs,
lawn care and so much more to get your garden thriving
All items mentioned are available in-store and online.
Strict covid measures
in place in-store!
Necessary to keep it as safe as possible for staff and customers.
We have increased the capacity of our Click & Collect service
and delivery service – for those preferring this option.
Grow Your Own
Have a go at growing some of your own vegetables during 2021.
To get started buy some seeds and store them in a nice cool,
dark place in an egg tray or box until time to plant.
& ONLINE NOW
When you pay simply present your reward
card at the checkout, and you get 2 reward
points for every £1 you spend!
save even more on everything you buy!
Thetford Garden Centre is a long-established independent family business, continually evolving and striving for impeccable retail standards.
A strong, enthusiastic, and experienced manager is required to lead the strategic development of the external gardening offer to a market leading position with a focus on sustainability throughout.
Applicants must have a wide knowledge in horticulture and sustainability, with experience in retail and personnel management. They must have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and know how to achieve KPIs effectively.
- To lead the strategic development of the external gardening offer to a market leading position
- To work closely with the external gardening team to improve the sales and profitability of the department ensuring budgets are achieved
- To drive the sustainability agenda and coordinate and communicate all activity across the business
42 hours per week to include bank holidays and alternate weekends with a set day off in the week Competitive salary, 28 days holiday, pension scheme, staff discount.
Please Covering Letter and C.V. to:
Thetford Garden Centre
This is a great opportunity to join an established business in our busy, successful restaurant. Working alongside the Head Chef as a key member of our kitchen team, serving all fresh locally sourced produce.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience gained working as a Chef/Cook in busy restaurant/catering operations
- Creativity – the ability to assist in creating new menus with a hands-on approach and eye for detail
- An understanding of legislation and compliance
- A positive attitude and outgoing personality are a must
- A strong desire to have autonomy in your job and ambition to develop your career in line with the business growing
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Pizza making experience is an advantage but not necessary
Cover Letter & CV’s to:
Mr James Feuer,
Thetford Garden Centre,
Full Time including alternate weekends
Applicants must be enthusiastic and passionate about fishkeeping, with a real “can do” attitude and friendly approach.
Main duties will include:
• To maintain all fish systems including coldwater, tropical and pond
• To ensure livestock wellbeing is of highest priority 100% of the time, with the ability to identify any issues or problems
• To work closely with the department supervisor to help develop the department further
• To be customer focused with a positive attitude
Hours of work:
Monday & Tuesday: 9am – 4pm
Wednesday: 8:45am – 6pm
Friday: Week 1 8:45am – 5pm, week 2 11am – 5pm
Alternate Saturday: 8:45am – 6pm
Alternate Sunday: 9:45am – 4pm
Cover Letter & CV’s to:
Mr Chris Gooderson,
Thetford Garden Centre, Kilverstone, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2RL
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary seasonal plant area assistant to join our busy external gardening department.
The successful candidate will ideally have some retail experience and a knowledge of plants.
You will have contact with customers within the department, and so the ability to successfully communicate knowledge and passion for plants to customers and enthuse them will be crucial.
Key Skills required:
- Knowledge of plants and their ongoing care
- Good selling ability and customer service skills
- Good merchandising skills
- Able to work at a commercial speed
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items
- Provide support when needed to the wider department.
- Willing to work in all weathers.
Hours: Mon: 8.45am – 6pm & Tues-Thur 8.45am – 5.30pm.
Contract Term: Temporary position until July 31st.
Please send a current CV and covering letter to:
Mr M Hudson.
Thetford Garden Centre, Kilverstone, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2RL.
Alternatively, E-mail a current CV and covering letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef to join an established business with an in-house public facing restaurant, working alongside the Head Chef in heading up the kitchen operation. Serving fresh, locally sourced produce in both Lime Kiln Kitchen and our new on-site venture, The Norfolk Pizza Co., you will have a passion for good food and consistently high standards.
Key Skills Required:
Experience gained working as a Sous Chef in busy commercial catering or a restaurant operations
Creativity – the ability to assist in creating new menus with a hands on approach and eye for detail
Running the Kitchen operation in the Head Chefs absence
An intrinsic understanding of legislation and compliance
A positive, can-do attitude
A strong desire to have autonomy in your job and ambition to develop your career in line with the business growing
Mr Julian Chittock
Kilverstone, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2RL
WE SOURCE LOCALLY
alongside many of our favourites.