An opportunity has arisen for a Permanent External Gardening Assistant to join our busy External Gardening Department.
The successful candidate will ideally have some retail experience and a knowledge of plants.
You will have contact with customers within the department, and so the ability to successfully communicate your knowledge & passion for plants to customers and to inspire them will be crucial.
• Merchandising of existing stock and newly delivered stock
• Cross merchandising of stock
• Maintaining and creating displays
• Weeding of area and stock
• Quality control of stock
• Customer service
• Maintaining clean stands and floors
• Deadheading of plants
• May need to help at times in other areas as needed
Key skills required:
• Knowledge of plants and their ongoing care
• Good selling ability and customer service skills
• Good merchandising skills
• Able to work at a commercial speed
• Physically fit and able to lift heavy items
• Provide support when needed to the wider store
• Willing to work in all weathers
Full Time hours.
Mr Jonathan Copelin,
Thetford Garden Centre,
Kilverstone, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 2RL