We support schools and local initiatives, particularly those which involve outdoor activities.
We minimise our waste and reuse as much as possible. We recycle plastics, polythene, glass, paper, cardboard and metal. Any waste which cannot be recycled we compact before disposing of. Unsaleable items are given to local charities.
- We minimise our energy and water usage, many of our lights are on timed sensors and we use a timed irrigation system for watering.
- We fully assess the environmental impact of any services or processes we use or are intending to use.
- We offer a range of products that are environmentally friendly and provide information about them to enable our customers to make informed choices.
- All of our garden furniture, landscaping timber products, garden tools and wild bird products are from managed forests with the majority of suppliers being FSC registered.
- We support local suppliers wherever possible, especially in our restaurant.
- Our restaurant used recyclable take away packaging and straws and their glass bottles are recycled for the Charity EACH.
- We aim to educate our customers on the benefits of peat-free compost and encourage them to buy peat-free whenever possible.
- We promote plants and other products which have associated environmental benefits and provide information relating to these products.
- The majority of our plants are British grown, many locally, reducing the impact on the environment from transportation.
- Many of our plant suppliers are decreasing their use of peat and artificial chemicals.
- We are always looking to expand our Fairtrade products.
- Wherever possible we support schools and local initiatives, particularly those which involve outdoor activities. Charity collections and informative service.